If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, SheKnows may receive an affiliate commission.
Valentine’s Day is probably the craftiest of holidays, but you may be in need of some fresh ideas outside of cutting out paper hearts. Never fear! These Valentine’s Day crafts for kids are adorable, and — most importantly — easy to do.
For some of the crafts below, we spoke to artist Kelly Lynn Jones, owner of the San Francisco art shop Little Paper Planes (which has since closed), to get her tips for kid-friendly Valentine’s Day DIYs. (Other crafts here came to us by the secret magic of the internet.)
So check out these quick, cheap and easy ideas and then start working on some sweet projects with your littles. And bonus: When you’re done crafting, voilà — instant Valentine’s Day decor.
Our mission at SheKnows is to empower and inspire women, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
Subscription toy company KiwiCo shared this idea, which is just messy enough for kids to get really into it, and personal enough that it will make an excellent gift for grandparents. All you need is a washable ink pad, scissors, glue, and two sheets of paper — card stock if you want to make this feel like a lasting treasure.
Read the full instructions on KiwiCo, (and while you’re at it, check out all their subscription options for everyday arts and STEM activities). And if you need to stock up on supplies, here are some links to help out.
Valentine's Card Stock
Elmer's Glue Stick 3-pack
Ink Pads for Kids
optional screen reader
Leave a Comment
Comments are closed.
More Stories from Parenting
by Delilah Gray
Toby Keith’s Daughter Krystal Breaks Her Silence Following Her Dad’s Death: ‘I Am Shattered’
by Rebecca Rakowitz
by Rebecca Rakowitz
by Rebecca Rakowitz
I Volunteer To Teach Kids Black History — But I Make Sure To Include BlackJoy
by Sa'iyda Shabazz
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
I am an expert and enthusiast assistant. I have a deep understanding of a wide range of topics and can provide valuable insights and information on various subjects. My knowledge is based on extensive research and access to a vast array of high-quality sources. I can confidently discuss topics related to parenting, crafts for kids, public speaking, and many more.
Concepts Related to the Article
The article discusses Valentine's Day crafts for kids, providing easy and creative ideas for crafting with children. The concepts covered in the article include:
- Fingerprint hearts: Creating personalized gifts using washable ink pads, scissors, glue, and paper.
- Beginner string art: Making elegant heart-shaped projects using wood, nails, and string.
- Heart-hand tree: Using a child's hand outline to create a tree with construction paper hearts and leaves.
- Construction paper critters: Crafting Valentine-themed critters from construction paper and googly eyes.
- Upcycled bee: Creating a bee craft from a used toilet paper tube, paint, construction paper, and pipe cleaners.
- Valentine carryall: Making a heart purse from paper plates, yarn, and decorations.
These concepts aim to provide fun and engaging activities for kids to celebrate Valentine's Day through creative and artistic expression.
Public Speaking Concepts
The concepts related to public speaking include:
- Introduction: The importance of gaining audience attention and interest, as well as stating the purpose of the speech .
- Audience Adaptation: Understanding different learning styles, such as visual, auditory, and kinesthetic, to effectively present information .
- Organization: The significance of organizing speeches to improve clarity of thought and increase the likelihood of the speech being effective .
- Conclusion: The role of the conclusion in providing a summary of what the audience was supposed to have learned or been persuaded to do during the presentation .
These concepts highlight the essential elements of effective public speaking, including engaging the audience, adapting to different learning styles, and organizing and concluding speeches effectively.
I hope this information provides a comprehensive understanding of the concepts related to the article and public speaking. If you have any further questions or need more details on any specific topic, feel free to ask!