Home Crafts 30 Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
Thirty of the best preschool Valentine’s Day crafts all in one place to help making planning class parties, preschool parties, and more as easy as possible! There’s everything from messy to educational options and even a bunch of DIY Valentine’s Day gift ideas! If you are looking for a fun way to enjoy Valentine’s Day with a younger kid or toddler, then this list has you covered.
Holidays with little ones are easy to forget. You’re busy, trust me, I get it. It’s for those busy moms, teachers, and grandparents that I made this list. I’m currently a preschool mom and my sister will be a preschool mom for years to come – we get what makes a good preschool craft and what doesn’t.
I went out and found the easiest crafts for young kids that are all centered around Valentine’s Day. I did my best to find something for everyone so there are crafts that require little prep, ones that are great for classrooms, ones that make fun gifts.
No matter type of Valentine’s Day crafts you want to do, you’ll find it here!
If crafts aren’t your thing, try these fun Valentine’s Day activities for kids or these Valentine’s Day games instead! There are so many fun ideas that the whole family will love.
Heart Shape Crafts
Valentine’s Day is all about hearts – chocolate hearts, candy hearts, and of course easy heart crafts. This section is the best heart-shaped crafts for young kids.
You’ll find a bit of everything from simple heart-shaped science experiments to painted hearts to textured hearts. Do one of these crafts, play some of these conversation hearts games, and finish it with strawberry hand pies made with heart-shaped cookie cutters for a fun day the kids will love!
These pipe cleaner stamps are incredibly easy to recreate and a different way to let kids create with paint. Use your DIY heart stamps to create Valentine's Day cards, decorate boxes, or create a picture. This is one of those simple crafts I never would have thought of but kids will love this fun idea!
Cute Valentine’s Creatures Craft Ideas
It’s hard to imagine a Valentine’s Day without teddy bears and big-eyed stuffed animals. In this section, you’ll find all of the best creature crafts you can do for Valentine’s Day. Kids will have a good time making their own love monsters, love bugs, and other adorable Valentine’s Day crafts!
These silly monsters are going to be a hit with the kids. They will love getting to design and redesign silly monsters with playdough. To use these love monsters as decorations, swap out the play dough for air-dry clay and let them harden. They would also make great gifts for mom, dad, or grandparents.
This is one of the few art projects that may require some adult assistance but are worth doing. Not only do kids get to decorate their little heart-shaped monsters, but they get to play with them afterward! Toddlers will love watching their new friends climb around.
Pull out all those clean toilet paper rolls, scrap papers, tape, and googly eyes that you've been collecting in a box and let the kids create their bug friends. Kids can create anything from fireflies to lady bugs to their own creatures, the possibilities are endless with this easy valentine craft.
My toddler has been obsessed with all things TMNT for the last year, so I had to include this easy Valentine's craft. This craft works for a wide range of kids, depending on how you choose to set it up. For older kids, you can simply provide all the materials and an example then let them do it their selves. Whereas for younger kids you can cut out the different pieces and then let them glue them on.
These cute paper plate fish are a perfect craft for young kids. With several easy steps, these paper plate crafts will last longer than a simple paint craft or can be split up into two days. They would also be really fun to have hanging around a classroom or on a display board.
Fun Valentine’s Day Crafts
This final section is a bit of everything from wreaths to friendship necklaces to a bird feeder. These crafts make great gifts, keepsakes, or even holiday decor. There is something for everyone in this section.
If you haven’t found a good preschool Valentine craft yet, hopefully there’s something here for you! If not, I also have some great Valentine’s Day gifts baskets and Valentine’s Day cards for kids that might spark your creativity!
This is one of the easiest Valentine's Day crafts you can do. Simply cut out a bunch of big hearts and let the kids get creative as they decorate them with basic craft supplies, like pipe cleaners, crepe paper, and a glue stick. This would be a cute craft that you can gift to a teacher or grandparent.
Skip the pinks, glitter, and markers and make these simple birdseed hearts instead. These simple bird treats require minimal materials, many of which you likely have at home including a heart cookie cutter. Your kid will be so excited to hang it up outside and watch the birds eat their treat.
More Valentine’s Day Ideas
Finish your Valentine’s Day off right with any of these fun Valentine’s Day ideas!
- Valentine’s Day party games
- Valentine’s Day bingo
- Valentine’s Day color by number pages (or these Valentine’s Day coloring pages are good too!)
- Valentine’s Day word search
- Valentine’s Day i-spy
you may also like…
XOXO Valentine's Day Decorations
25 DIY Christmas Ornaments for Kids
Free Printable Robot Valentine Cards
Valentine's Day Activities For Kids
Leave a Comment
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
As an expert and enthusiast, I have access to a vast amount of information on various topics, including crafts for Valentine's Day. I can provide you with information related to the concepts used in this article. Here are some ideas for Valentine's Day crafts for preschoolers:
Heart Shape Crafts
Valentine's Day is all about hearts, and there are many crafts centered around heart shapes that are perfect for young kids. Here are a few examples:
- Textured Heart: This craft involves creating a heart shape using textured materials like noodles. It's a simple and adorable craft that is perfect for little hands [].
- Shaving Cream Marble Hearts: Kids can create marbled hearts using shaving cream and food coloring. It's a messy but fun craft that allows kids to see different colors swirl together [].
- Q-tip Hearts: Instead of using paintbrushes, kids can use Q-tips to stamp heart shapes. It's a simple and easy craft that even young kids can enjoy [].
- Fizzy Hearts: This craft combines art and science by creating hearts that fizz and bubble when exposed to certain substances. It's a fun way to introduce kids to chemical reactions [].
- Mosaic Hearts: Kids can practice their fine motor skills by creating mosaic hearts using safety scissors, scrap construction paper, and glue [].
- Coffee Filter Heart: This craft involves using coffee filters to create heart shapes. It's a simple and creative craft that even the youngest kids can enjoy [].
- DIY Heart Stamps: Kids can create heart-shaped stamps using pipe cleaners and use them to create Valentine's Day cards or decorate various items [].
Cute Valentine's Creatures Craft Ideas
Valentine's Day is often associated with teddy bears and cute creatures. Here are some craft ideas for making adorable Valentine's Day creatures:
- Pom Pom Monsters: Kids can create cute pom pom monsters using pom poms and other craft supplies. These monsters can be used as decorations or playtime companions [].
- Caterpillar Heart: This craft involves using heart shapes to create a caterpillar. Kids can draw their own legs or use heart stickers for a mess-free option [].
- Foam Dinosaur: Kids can decorate a foam dinosaur shape using various materials and let their imagination run wild [].
- Love Monsters: Kids can create silly monsters using playdough. These monsters can be used as decorations or even as gifts for loved ones [].
- Wooly Valentine: This craft involves creating a wooly friend using simple materials. It's a cute and easy craft that kids will enjoy [].
- Climbing Love Monster: Kids can decorate heart-shaped monsters and watch them climb around. This craft may require some adult assistance but is worth doing for the fun and playtime it offers [].
- Toilet Roll Love Bugs: Kids can use clean toilet paper rolls, scrap papers, tape, and googly eyes to create their own bug friends. The possibilities are endless with this easy Valentine craft [].
- Caterpillar Thumbprint Craft: Kids can create cute caterpillars using thumbprints. This craft is great for making Valentine's Day cards [].
- Valentine Bear Craft: Kids can create adorable bears using tissue paper, paper plates, and basic supplies. These bears are perfect for a preschool classroom or a homeschool craft [].
- Ninja Turtle Valentine Craft: This craft involves creating Ninja Turtle-themed Valentine's Day cards. It can be adapted for different age groups [].
- Valentine Fish Craft: Kids can create cute paper plate fish using simple steps. These crafts can be displayed in a classroom or on a display board [].
Fun Valentine's Day Crafts
In this section, you'll find a variety of crafts that make great gifts, keepsakes, or holiday decor. Here are a few examples:
- Valentine's Puzzle Wreath: Kids can paint puzzle pieces and create heart shapes to make a fun wreath. It's a great way to use up random puzzle pieces lying around the house [].
- Valentine Fortune Cookies: Kids can draw or write their own fortunes and gift them to others. This craft requires some adult assistance but is worth the effort [].
- Rock Heart Art: Kids can create heart-shaped thumbprints on rocks, making them perfect keepsakes. This craft is a great alternative to handprint crafts [].
- Yarn Hearts: Kids can get creative with yarn hearts and turn them into wands, garlands, or gift tags. It's a versatile craft that works for different age groups [].
- Heart Bouquet: Kids can decorate big hearts with craft supplies like pipe cleaners, crepe paper, and glue. This craft can be gifted to teachers or grandparents [].
- Birdseed Hearts: Kids can make simple bird treats by shaping birdseed into heart shapes. It's a great way to attract birds to the backyard [].
- Friendship Necklaces: This craft offers fine motor practice and can be a great gift idea for young kids to give to friends or siblings [].
- Handprint Bouquet: Kids can create a bouquet using their handprints and footprints. It's a great gift idea for grandparents or teachers [].
- Sticker Wreath: Kids can create a wreath using stickers and a plate. This craft helps build fine motor skills [].
- DIY Valentine's Day Mailbox: Kids can create their own mailboxes for Valentine's Day, perfect for receiving cards from friends. This craft is ideal for a classroom setting [].
- I Love You Berry Much Card Craft: Kids can create a card using their handprints and markers. It's a simple and cute craft that can be given as a gift [].
- Valentine's Day Picture Frame: Kids can create a picture frame using candy hearts. It's a simple craft that can be done in any setting [].
I hope these craft ideas inspire you and provide a fun and creative way to celebrate Valentine's Day with preschoolers!